Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Mr. M Makes a Salad

"There's a salad for you in the fridge," he says. "Let me know if you don't want it and I'll eat it tomorrow."

I'm just home from work and hungry, "Thanks!" I reply. "I'll take it."

"It's pretty complete," he says.

He's not kidding.


Broccoli, red pepper, roasted asparagus, onion, mushroom, quinoa, radishes, peanuts, raisins, and cilantro. A kiss of olive oil and a soupçon of soy sauce. (Soy sauce! I would never have thought of that.)

I tend to make rather minimalist salads, with two or three ingredients. Mr. M obviously has a mind above lettuce leaves - he goes for the gusto and throws in everything available. The results are delicious.

Thanks, Mr. M. You can make salad for me anytime.


~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

14 comments:

  1. A man who know's how to make a salad involving quinoa is sexy.
    Just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good point, Lolly. Men of the world, take note.

      Delete
  2. Woo Hoo! Mr. M! What a guy! Who knows what lurks in the mind and heart of ... 'The Salad Maker'?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just wrote you a lovely comment for thanks.
    Damn..it is gone..will try again.
    Thank you so much, e.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Delicious - my man makes fabulous salads too [I love Lolly's comment, and agree with her]

    Easter blessings

    ReplyDelete
  5. How delicious! Quinoa, yum! Soy sauce, interesting. But can I have mine without radish please ;D

    ReplyDelete
  6. How nice to have a lovely salad waiting for you. I tend to have rather boring salads myself, but I like ones with more stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  7. If I pay for my fare (obviously) could I please invite myself for lunch?

    That is truly a wonderful salad.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm a total salad freak, have to have one, preferrably a large one every day. I use mixed greens, onions, broccoli, tomatoes, avocados in season, carrots, cucumbers, boiled egg whites, sunflower seeds and a berry vinaigrette dressing. I can skip the main course, but I have to have my salad.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That sounds delicious! Over the summer, my lunch is a salad every day involving some kind of bean and some kind of grain, with lots of veggies. I can't wait until the produce picks up at the farmer's market!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is the kind of salad I should like, everything in it. Not sure about quinoa though, I have yet to face up to it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love quinoa in salad!! Oh, he's a keeper alright!! :) I love when guys get in the kitchen and have fun!! I think they don't get as hung up on recipes and rules and just throw stuff together. Sorta like only reading directions if you run into a problem!! I know I can't work that way, but my husband does and he is the way better cook in our family!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Speak on....