Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Simple Pleasures - Spring


I walked to the grocery store this morning. After the long Midwestern winter of discontent, today is a gentle foretaste of glorious summer. The sapphire hardness of the wintry sky has softened to aquamarine and opal, delicate and translucent. The trees, like Adam, have awoken to their nakedness and are preparing to make themselves garments of leaves. The sun is pouring over all a baptism of warmth and rebirth.

My house geraniums are thinking about what to wear for Easter...


And the chives are up!


Happy Spring.

2 comments:

  1. I have just come upon your blog. It is like a treasure that has been hiding and is now found! I don't want to gobble it up too quickly so I am pacing myself. You have brought a smile to my face and to my soul as well. :) Thank you.
    Megan Strohschein in Hamilton, Ontario.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Speak on....